Private Internet Access is well-known among users in the VPN industry. Today, in this article, we will discuss whether Private Internet Access safe for Torrenting or not.
And we will also go over how to set up Private Internet Access safe for torrenting in the best way.
Table of Contents
About Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access VPN is a service that helps protect our privacy and network. The company’s servers are many thousands spread across the world. Provide truly outstanding service for this cheap cost, with excellent customer support, and it’s incredibly simple to use.
When it comes to torrenting, many VPN providers do not provide the best service for torrenting. Some even block peer-to-peer sharing for a variety of reasons. As a result, many popular VPN service providers can struggle when it comes to torrenting.
Let’s see how Private Internet Access performs when it comes to torrenting. You can easily set up VPN in Windows 11 now with the help of easy steps.
Why is torrenting better with Private Internet Access?
- Security: In terms of security, PIA has some excellent features that ensure user privacy and anonymity. It offers protocols such as L2TP/IPSec and OpenVPN.
- Encryption: You can choose between 128-bit AES encryption and 256-bit encryption when it comes to encryption with PIA. Although PIA encryption is set to 128-bit AES encryption by default, which helps increase speeds by removing authentication, 256-bit encryption helps secure your network to the next level.
- Servers: Private Internet Access has 29,000 servers in 78 countries around the world.
- Speed: Private Internet Access provides you with unlimited bandwidth and faster connection speeds, allowing you to download without interruption. It also has a Kill switch, which prevents DNS leaks in the event of an internet connection failure.
- Supported platform: Private Internet Access is compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS, as well as a number of extensions such as the Chrome extension, Firefox extension, and Opera extension.
- Subscription: Private Internet Access provides a 30-day money-back guarantee to allow you to test out all of PIA VPN’s premium features and services before committing, which is a good thing. Despite the fact that PIA VPN’s one-month plan starts at $9.95/mo, the annual package costs $3.33/mo and $2.69/mo for two years.
Methods To Configure Private Internet Access For Torrenting
With the help of the best services of Private Internet Access, you can configure it for torrenting. Follow the simple easy steps to configure Private Internet Access For Torrenting.
Method 1: Setting up Private Internet Access For torrenting
This method is one of the best settings for PIA for torrents; it’s easy to do and it has many advantages.
Step we need to perform:
- Choose right encryption
- setup the Kill-Switch
- Choose the right server
Choose The Right Encryption
Because good encryption will encrypt our network for flow in various traffic, encryption is the most important factor for a secure network. For safe and reliable torrenting, you can use PIA’s default encryption of 128-bit AES with 2048-bit RSA handshake encryption. Instead of using AES-256 bit encryption, use 128-bit AES encryption, which provides greater security and speed than AES-256 bit encryption.
In PIA software, you can easily access encryption settings by going to the advanced settings. After you’ve navigated to the encryption head, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Select 128-bit AES from the drop-down menu after clicking on Data encryption.
- Step 2: Click on Data Authentication, then select SHA1 from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Finally, go to Handshake and select RSA-2048 from the drop-down menu.
Alternatively, you can use the ‘default’ encryption settings for improved speed and security.
Setup the Kill-Switch
The kill switch protects against DNS leaks in the event that the computer is accidentally disconnected from the internet. As a result, using a kill switch ensures that your real IP address is never exposed in the event of an internet outage.
To enable it to navigate to the advanced setting of PIA, and enable the kill switch, in the latest version of PIA you set it to kill switch to Auto. and enable as well as IPv6 and DNS leak protection.
Choose The Right Server
Although PIA allows you to connect to any server because they are spread across almost every country, well-known torrent servers are affected by lost traffic, causing them to be slow and occasionally crash. As a result, it’s obviously preferable, to begin with, a torrent-friendly location.
We recommend that you use both servers:
- Switzerland (Safest server)
Finally, make sure that all of your PIA VPN connections are operational. You must ensure that the IP address displayed to peers in your torrent software is the VPN’s IP address, not your own.
Method 2: Use PIA’s SOCKS5 Proxy
In their subscription plan, PIA VPN includes a SOCKS5 proxy server. Setting up a Socks5 proxy in your torrent client is a great option.
To get started, go to the following instructions:
Step 1: Generate your proxy login and password.
For security reasons, PIA VPN uses a proxy server login/password that is distinct from the PIA VPN account login/password. To generate a SOCKS5 proxy login credential, log into your account panel on their PIA official website using your account login/password, and after successful login, scroll down to see the panel titled ‘PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS Username and Password.’ To ‘generate’ a SOCKS LoginID/password, click on ‘Regenerate Username and Password.’ Copy the credentials to notepad so that we can easily copy and paste them in the next step when we configure the proxy connection.
Step 2: Configure Your Torrent Clients
Check that your torrent client fully supports the SOCKS5 proxy server. Listed below are some torrent clients that support SOCKS5 proxy servers.
To configure your torrent client, navigate to Options> Preferences > Connection. Make the following changes to the proxy server section:
- Step 1: Select SOCKS5 from the drop-down list after clicking on the type of server.
- Step 2: In the proxy section, enter proxy-nl.privateinternetaccess.com and 1080 in the port field.
- Step 3: Next, ensure that all of the following boxes are checked: “Use proxy for peer-to-peer connections,” “Use proxy for hostname lookups,” and “Authentication.”
- Step 4: Scroll down and check all of the following boxes under the proxy privacy section: “Disable all local DNS lookups,” “Disable features that leak identifying information,” and “Disable connections not supported by the proxy.”
- Step 5: Finally, scroll up and enter your username and password in the username and password section, which we generated in the previous step.
Check that all proxy settings are working properly and that no errors are being generated. Also, keep an eye on your IP address. You can use https://whatismyipaddress.com/ to find out what your IP address is.
Also, Read – Ways To Cancel VPN Subscription
Final Words: Private Internet Access Safe For Torrenting
To summarise, torrenting with Private Internet Access is safe as long as the proper configuration is used. I hope the above method assisted you in configuring your torrent client to work with PIA VPN for better torrenting.